Speaker details and additional sessions coming soon – stay tuned!
EUGIC 2017 Budapest – Conference Programme Outline
EUGIC 2017 Budapest presents an interactive combination of keynote speakers and group sessions, showcasing urban Green Infrastructure developments, workshops and storytelling sessions on a wide range of themes.
Wednesday 29 November
Day 1 | Morning Session
Session 1 | Welcome to EUGIC 2017 hosted by the City of Budapest
Session 2 | Opening Keynote Presentations
- Climate Change Adaptation and Cities
- Exemplar Green Infrastructure Projects – Practitioners’ Views and Strategic Work
- Financing Green Infrastructure in Cities
Panel discussion and Q&A
Day 1 | Afternoon
Session 3 | Key Urban Green Infrastructure Discussions
- The Green Infrastructure Fabric of Europe: the EUGIC Vision
- Implemented Green Infrastructure Projects
- How do we evaluate Green Infrastructure in the urban realm?
- What can we learn from each other?
Short Pecha Kucha presentations followed by audience discussion groups.
Session 4 | Feedback in Main Hall
Followed by panel responses and thoughts
Summary of Day 1 – what’s ahead in Day 2?
Day 1 | Evening Programme
EUGIC Green-Go Awards Ceremony and social event
Networking and discussions in the more informal setting of the Akvárium Bar & Entertainment Area
Thursday 30 November
Day 2 | Morning Session
Session 1 | Keynote City Panel Presentations
- Cities: Where are they at and where do they want to be?
Panel discussion and reflections from the audience
Session 2 | Keynote Workshops with Presenters
- Financing the Green Tapestry: New financial models to foster urban Green Infrastructure implementation
Short panel presentations followed by detailed discussions on how urban Green Infrastructure and Finance sectors can co-operate to deliver Green Infrastructure in urban areas.
Reflections by audience and questions to the panel
- Projects and Processes for Implementation
Evaluation of Green Infrastructure Assets – Quality Control, Assessment, Evaluation and Project Certification
Day 2 | Afternoon Session
Session 3 | Jobs for Europe: Marketplace Networking Session
Audience as customer and feedback Instrument. Europe´s Economy related to urban Green Infrastructure. Meet the supply chain.
Story Corner Area 1 – Urban Green Infrastructure for Health and Wellbeing
Story Corner Area 2 – Urban Green Infrastructure Neighbourhood Design
Session 4 | Synthesis – Gathering all the threads from the two days and creating a green tapestry
Group discussions and feedback in the Main Hall:
- What are the key urban Green Infrastructure successes?
- What challenges still remain?
- What key themes have emerged from EUGIC 2017?
- What next? EUGIC 2019.