EUGIC 2019 London Call for Posters
The EUGIC 2019 London Call for Posters is now open. We are looking for the most innovative, interesting and creative green infrastructure projects, policies, strategies and research from Europe and beyond for urban climate change adaptation, resilience and health.
Share your projects and visions for greener cities with the international urban GI sector, municipalities, industry, community organisations and academia. Share best practice and make new connections. If your poster is also relevant to include in the programme, we will discuss this with you.
Posters will be assessed and finalists selected for exhibition, and entered for the EUGIC 2019 London Awards. Three winners will be selected by the EUGIC 2019 Jury with a VIP presentation at the EUGIC 2019 London Awards Ceremony on the evening of 10 April 2019 by multi-award-winning Vertical Forests Landscape designer Laura Gatti and Past President of the Landscape Institute Sue Illman.
Deadline to propose your poster: 10.00AM CET MONDAY 11 MARCH 2019
Notification of finalists for exhibition: MONDAY 23 MARCH 2019
EUGIC 2019 LONDON Awards Ceremony: 10 APRIL 2019
Entries must be in A1 VERTICAL format. Winners and finalists or representatives must be able to attend EUGIC 2019 London 10-11 April 2019 to speak with participants about their work.
Download the Poster Application Form:
Project topics and themes are below – we are looking for a wide variety of topics, locations and cultural ranges.
Possible topics and themes
- Climate change adaptation, cities and green infrastructure
- The benefits of biodiversity
- Financing of urban green infrastructure
- Benefits to economic activity
- Urban health and green infrastructure
- Implementing projects – challenges and successes
- Horizon 2020 projects and next generation nature-based solutions
- Cities – planning, policies, strategies and people
- City-scale projects and tools
- Mapping and evaluation
- Urban green infrastructure and biodiversity
- Neighbourhoods, nature and community
Entry Criteria for Posters and Projects
Posters must be vertical A1 format, be simple and engaging and include at least one of the following:
- Implemented urban green infrastructure projects and the ecosystem services provided
- Urban strategies, policies and/or governance to deliver green infrastructure
- A conceptual vision for urban green infrastructure in Europe or around the world
- Research into urban green infrastructure and the ecosystem services provided
Poster language: English
Presentation: Printed poster or photographs/graphics/text attached to presentation panel, visually engaging to engage the viewer in discussion of the topic
Format: Vertical A1 (594mm wide x 841mm high)
Participation: Presenters must register for EUGIC 2019 London and be available to discuss their work during conference breaks on Wednesday 10 and Thursday 11 April 2019 and hand out any relevant information to EUGIC 2019 London participants
Number: One poster per presenter
Publication: Accepted posters will be published on the EUGIC website and in the printed EUGIC 2019 London conference brochure, with authors, co-authors and any partnering organisations
Exhibition: Finalists’ Posters will be exhibited during EUGIC 2019 London and for a period of time afterwards
Description: Short: 50 words maximum. Long: 200 words maximum
Application Deadline: 10.00am CET Monday 11 March 2019
Selection: Posters finalists will be selected for the Awards and exhibition by an Expert Jury
Notification: Poster presenters will be notified by Monday 23 March 2019 if their poster has been selected as a finalist for the Awards and exhibition
EUGIC 2019 London registration: If your Poster is accepted, you will need to show proof of conference registration.
Any questions, please contact the EUGIC 2019 London Team: