Smart and Green – the Future of Visegrad Cities
IVF Seminar Side Session at EUGIC 2017 Budapest
3.45pm – 6.00pm Wednesday 29 November 2017
Participants of this side event will receive travel and accommodation reimbursement.
Delegates invited to this free IVF Side Seminar can also book for Day 1 or Day 2 EUGIC 2017 Budapest for 100 EUR including the evening EUGIC 2017 Awards Ceremony and Reception on the evening of Day 1:
Or email us with any inquiries: email@example.com
Smart and Green – the future of Visegrad cities: How would your dream city look like?
Presenting the results of joint projects from Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Poland
3.45 pm – 4.30 pm | Part 1 – Presentations: Results from the four countries
International experts give input and direction for Visegrad cities on how ‘green and smart’ can be best combined, presenting some cases collected during the research
- Findings from Hungary – Erzsébet Óhegyi (CEEweb for Biodiversity) (10 min)
- Findings from Slovakia – Maria Bihunova (Association for Garden Design and Landscaping) (10 min)
- Findings from Czech Republic – Pavel Dostal (Czech Landscape Gardening Association) (10 min)
- Findings from Poland – Marta Weber-Siwirska (Polish Green Roof Association) (10 min)
4.50pm – 6.00pm | Part 2 – Workshop: How would your dream city look like?
Seminar participants jointly develop the cases with the help of four facilitators.
Groups develop one common “dream” smart city innovation (60 min)
Summarizing and putting together the “dream case” (20 min)
Visiting of green-roofs in Budapest (see details here – coming soon!)
Part 2. Workshop in detail:
Introduction to the Workshop (10 min)
Groups draw / write their ideas on pre-prepared blank papers
1. Thinking of a: concrete PROBLEM in a city (15 min)
- Think of a concrete problem that disturbs you / makes you angry /makes your life difficult in the city as a citizen
- Food for thought: parking, lack of green space, public transport deficiencies / lack of community engagement / energy wasting habits / insufficient waste collection / non-harmonised legislation / multi-layer governance / insufficient budget
2. Discuss your thoughts and put down 1 problem per group
- Thinking of: a SMART city solution for the problem (15 min)
- Think of a technical solution for the problem : how would you mitigate/solve the above mentioned problem? Who/which stakeholders would you involve? What would be the conrcete technique / legislation / process to solve the problem?
- Discuss your thoughts and put down 1 solution per group for the above mentioned problem
3. Thinking of combining the solution with GREEN – (15 min)
- Is the above mentioned solution green / environmentally friendly / nature-based? If not, how would you make it green?
- Food for thought: how would you make the solution healthy for people / include more greenery / include CO2 capturing / make the solution self-sufficient / energy-efficient / more beautiful for the city / add a feature to make the solution multi-functioning
- Discuss your thoughts and put down 1 additional feature that makes the solution greener
Small group representatives / 4 Facilitators present each developed case shortly – 5 min per case (20 min)
Collection of papers
Summary of the groups’ work – closing of the seminar
This event is funded by the International Visegrad Fund